- Ability to work with an extended range of personnel, including technicians, scientists, customers, and managers.
- Strong skills in data analysis (Excel, Mathlab/Mathcad) required. Programming and/or CAD ability not required but is desirable.
- Strong communications ability required: technical presentations to engineers, scientists & managers; internal and external reports; documentation; support for sales & marketing.
- Capabilities/experiences associated with vacuum systems/technologies and with electronics/electrical systems.
- Knowledge of programming languages and software for data analysis and simulations.
- Education: BS/BSE/MS in relevant field (engineering, physics, material science)
- Support R&D activities
- Produce ultrathin, ultraprecise multilayer thin films on precision optics, using vacuum thin film deposition. Specific activities may include, not limited to the following:
- For established products, verifying or determining optimal deposition system parameters to produce complex programmed thin film gradients, including troubleshooting deposition systems and equipment, providing design input for mechanical fixtures, and analysis of optical designs to determine coating solutions.
- Conducting and analyzing measurements of thin film and optical surface analysis including x-ray reflectivity, EUV reflectivity, atomic force microscopy (AFM), white light interferometry, residual gas analysis (RGA), microscopes and other relevant techniques.
- Evaluating deposition equipment condition, assisting/leading maintenance & troubleshooting as well as upgrades.
Rigaku offers a rewarding work environment and excellent benefits. All applicants are kept in strict confidence. Benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, Life insurance, section 125 flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan and more. Rigaku is an EEO/AA Employer Disabled/Veteran. Applicants must be able to prove they can legally work in the US.