DIVISION: Rigaku Innovative Technologies, Inc.
POSITION: Coating Scientist
REPORTS TO: Director of Coating Department
Serve as a technical project lead for activities of depositing multilayer structures for Extreme Ultraviolet Lithography (EUVL) and X-Ray optics, conducting research and development projects in thin film deposition and related technologies.
- Hands-on experience in deposition of thin film structures by using PVD technologies
- Knowledge and experience of using XRD, XRF, AFM and Optical Interferometry techniques for the characterization of thin film structures and optical surfaces.
- Knowledge of programming languages and software for data analysis and simulations.
- Ph.D. degree in Physics, Applied Physics, Materials Science, Engineering or similar disciplines.
- Interface with Manufacturing Department to deposit EUVL optics and X-ray optics.
- Interface with Sales & Marketing to specify requirements for EUVL and X-ray optics coatings.
- Develop new deposition techniques for advanced multilayer coatings.
- Develop software for multilayer structure design and X-ray performance analysis.
- Perform characterization of coating defects, films stress, and substrates roughness by using Atomic Force Microscope, Dark Field Microscope and Visible Interferometers.
- Develop performance characterization techniques using Hard and Soft X-Ray Reflectometers.
- Interface directly with customers (project leaders and technical staff) to understand customer requirements and communicate technical results.
- Interface with Manufacturing / Instrumentation / Advance Manufacturing in deposition of standard, custom, and R&D coatings.
Rigaku offers a rewarding work environment and excellent benefits. All applicants are kept in strict confidence. Benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, Life insurance, section 125 flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan and more. Rigaku is an EEO/AA Employer Disabled/Veteran. Applicants must be able to prove they can legally work in the US.
To apply for this position please click here