DIVISION: Rigaku Innovative Technologies, Inc.
POSITION: Mechanical Engineer
Provide engineering, design and system integration needed for instrument development, R&D and operation activities. Instruments include subassemblies and turnkey systems.
- Engineering for product developments; including vision of product designs compatible with the nature of the products and customer valued characteristics in the x-ray instrument market, vision for the product look and feel, and vision of overall cost/performance optimization of product lines.
- Working with scientists/engineers in the R&D group to develop new products. Activities include conceptualization, optimization, quantitative analysis and detailed design. Major engineering areas include
- Mechanical engineering and design in product development. Typical mechanical engineering issues include stress control, material fatigue, precision components, mounting of optical components, precision alignment, quality and cost of manufacturing.
- System integration, including both mechanical integration and electronic integration, specifically motion control, data acquisition and basic data processing.
- Build, troubleshoot, test and verify prototype systems and sub-systems prior to product release.
- Prepare engineering documentation such as drawing packages, work instructions, user’s manuals and service troubleshooting procedures.
- Support R&D, Operation and sales/marketing with product knowledge and engineering services. The activities may include designs of equipment components, production fixtures and conceptual models of proposal devices to customers.
- Fluent in mechanical engineering and design, both problem solving solutions and 3D CAD modeling.
- Working knowledge of GD&T for creating 2D engineering drawings per ASME 14.5/ISO1101 standard or equivalent.
- Understand design for manufacturing.
- Familiar with the concept of “patterned design” – i.e. recognize/translate performance requirements and instrument attributes into a series of known mechanical problems and conceptualize the design with corresponding known solutions.
- Quantitative analysis capabilities, especially in load, deformation, material choices, error stack-up analysis and tolerance budget. FEA and thermal analysis are strong pluses.
- Familiar with engineering design flow tailored to small enterprises and small volume products such as instruments.
- Ability to adapt proven designs to the requirements specific to a market. In this case, it is x-ray instrument market (the x-rays optics and x-ray instruments).
- Good hands-on skills.
- BS in mechanical engineering, or relevant engineering field.
- Good knowledge in physics and mathematics.
- Experience in the field of scientific analytical instrument design is preferred.
Rigaku offers a rewarding work environment and excellent benefits. All applicants are kept in strict confidence. Benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, Life insurance, section 125 flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan and more. Rigaku is an EEO/AA Employer Disabled/Veteran. Applicants must be able to prove they can legally work in the US.
To apply for this position please click here