Intermediate engineering position to perform engineering, design, system integration, fabrication process needed for instrument development, R&D and operation activities. Instrument development includes precision electromechanical components and system integration.
- Engineering for general precision mechanical component and sub-assemblies
- Electromechanical system modeling and analysis using 3D CAD and FEA package
- Mechanical drawing generation with proper GD&T implementation per industrial standards
- Component and sub-system prototyping and troubleshooting
- Working with scientists/engineers in the R&D group to develop new products. Activities include conceptualization, optimization, quantitative analysis and process development. Major engineering areas include
- Mechanical engineering and design in product development. Typical tasks precision optical component design, mounting of optical components, precision alignment, surface quality control, motorization, manufacturing process and cost of manufacturing.
- System integration, including both opto-mechanical integration, electro-mechanical integration, data acquisition and basic data processing.
- Support R&D, Operation and sales/marketing with product knowledge and engineering services. The activities may include designs of equipment components, process development and conceptual models of proposal devices to customers.
- Two years’ experience in precision mechanical engineering and design using 3D CAD modeling, 2D drawing and GD&T. SolidWorks and PDM experience is preferable.
- Familiar with engineering workflows tailored to small enterprises and small volume products such as instruments.
- Ability to adapt proven designs to the requirements specific to a market. In this case, it is x-ray instrument market (the x-rays optics and x-ray instruments).
- Minimum BS in mechanical engineering or related field.
- Good knowledge in physics, mathematics and root-cause analysis.
- Good hands-on ability.
- Experience in the field of scientific analytical instrument design and manufacturing is a strong plus.
Rigaku offers a rewarding work environment and excellent benefits. All applicants are kept in strict confidence. Benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, Life insurance, section 125 flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan and more. Rigaku is an EEO/AA Employer Disabled/Veteran. Applicants must be able to prove they can legally work in the US.