Rigaku Innovative Technologies Inc - Auburn Hills, MI
Rigaku Innovative Technologies (RIT), a subsidiary of Rigaku Corporation, a global supplier of innovative analytical instruments for cutting-edge applications in biotechnology, is currently looking for an experienced Coating Scientist/Engineer. The Coating Scientist/Engineer Responsible for the development of thin film coating technology and thin film coating based multilayer structure for variety of applications.
- Development of thin film deposition technology.
- New product development.
- Manufacturing activities, including using vacuum thin film deposition technology to produce ultrathin, ultraprecise multilayer thin films on precision optics, often involving new and advanced coatings. Primary responsibilities include determining optimal deposition system parameters to produce complex programmed thin film gradients; troubleshooting deposition systems and equipment, providing design input for mechanical fixtures, and analysis of optical designs to determine coating solutions.
- Specific activities to support the above assignments may include, but not limited to the following:
- Conducting and analyzing measurements of thin film and optical surface analysis including x-ray reflectivity, EUV reflectivity, atomic force microscopy (AFM), white light interferometry, residual gas analysis (RGA), microscopes and other relevant techniques.
- Evaluating deposition equipment condition, leading/assisting maintenance & troubleshooting as well as upgrades. Experience with vacuum systems and associated electromechanical systems is desirable.
- Education: PhD in relevant field (engineering, physics, material science)
- Strong analytical skills, physics, and mathematics; data analysis skills (may use Excel, Matlab/Mathcad). Programming and/or CAD ability not required but is desirable.
- Ability to work with an extended range of personnel, including technicians, scientists, customers, and managers.
- communications ability required: technical presentations to engineers, scientists & managers; internal and external reports; documentation; support for sales & marketing.
Must be able to meet minimum qualifications to apply.
Rigaku offers a rewarding work environment and excellent benefits. All applicants are kept in strict confidence. Benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, Life insurance, section 125 flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan and more. Rigaku is an EEO/AA Employer Disabled/Veteran. Applicants must be able to prove they can legally work in the US.