Rigaku Semiconductor Metrology Division is seeking an X-ray Applications Scientist to support Rigaku’s X-ray metrology products at the Rigaku Technology Center in Sunnyvale, California and to support customer base in USA. The position is directed from the corporate office in The Woodlands, Texas. This position will work closely with sales, marketing, and the product development team, and requires up to 30% travel for onsite applications support, training, and presentations. The candidate must be able to quickly and accurately communicate detailed specifications to customers and the Rigaku Semiconductor Metrology team to assist the sales process.
- Support and manage X-ray metrology tools located at the Rigaku Technology Center in Sunnyvale, CA. Analytical techniques include X-ray Fluorescence (XRF), X-ray Diffraction (XRD), X-ray Reflectometry (XRR), and Computed Tomography (CT).
- Collaborate with existing customers and Rigaku factory engineers to drive new capabilities and HW and SW improvements.
- Manage tool demonstrations for prospective customers.
- Work with Rigaku Service and Applications teams to develop internal and external training programs.
- Support Rigaku Sales and Marketing department by supplementing sales collateral and generating application notes.
- Write technical documentation, analytical reports, and presentations for customers and the Rigaku Semiconductor Metrology team.
- Travel to train and support customers in the United States, as needed.
- Doctor of Philosophy/Master of Science in Nano Science, Material Science, Physics, Chemistry, Solid State, or Engineering.
- Minimum of three years of work experience as an applications scientist; or applications engineer in a semiconductor metrology tool manufacturer; or semiconductor process engineer in a semiconductor device manufacturer with thin film quality control/metrology experience.
- Experience in thin film analytical techniques.
- Proficient in speaking, reading, and writing in English.
- Ability to speak at an intermediate level in Japanese, Chinese, or Korean is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills. Must communicate professionally in verbal/written responses to emails and when submitting reports.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word required. Programming ability considered a plus – Python, Java, SQL and database, etc.
- Strong data analysis techniques and skills, including a working knowledge of statistics.
Must be able to meet minimum qualifications to apply.
Rigaku offers a rewarding work environment and excellent benefits. All applicants are kept in strict confidence. Benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, Life insurance, section 125 flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan and more. Rigaku is an EEO/AA Employer Disabled/Veteran. Applicants must be able to prove they can legally work in the US.