Rigaku Semiconductor Metrology Division is seeking an X-ray Applications Scientist to support Rigaku’s X-ray metrology products. This position will work closely with Rigaku Service, Sales, Marketing, and the product development teams, and requires up to 30% travel for onsite customer applications support and training.
- Provide applications support for Rigaku semiconductor metrology tools utilizing a variety of X-ray analytical techniques, e.g. X-ray fluorescence (XRF), X-ray diffraction (XRD), X-ray reflectometry (XRR), and small angle X-ray scattering (SAXS).
- Assist customers remotely and on-site with recipe creation and optimization, tool operation and data analysis. Use expert technical knowledge of X-ray techniques to drive solutions to challenging customer applications.
- Provide support to the Rigaku Service team for new tool installations and perform deep dive analysis to help troubleshoot tool issues as needed.
- Provide support to the Rigaku Sales team to ensure customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process. Work to understand customer application requirements and objectives, and act as technical lead for product demonstrations.
- Write technical documentation and application notes and create and maintain training material. Clearly and effectively communicate highly technical subject matter to a variety of audiences.
- Maintain positive, productive work relationships with customers and colleagues at all levels.
- Travel to customer sites located primarily within the United States, but with occasional international trips.
- Ph.D or M.S. in Material Science, Physics, Chemistry, Solid State, or related engineering fields.
- Minimum of three years of work experience as an applications scientist or applications engineer in a semiconductor metrology tool manufacturer or as a process engineer in a semiconductor device manufacturer with thin film quality control/metrology experience.
- Independent, hands-on experience with thin film analytical techniques.
- Strong understanding of fundamentals of X-ray physics, spectroscopy, diffraction and scattering.
- Strong understanding of semiconductor device manufacturing process.
- Excellent analytical thinking and problem-solving skills, e.g. root cause analysis, 5 Whys.
- Proficient in data analysis techniques and skills, including a working knowledge of statistics and statistical process control.
- Proficient in speaking, reading, and writing in English. Ability to speak at an intermediate level in Japanese, Chinese, Korean, or Hebrew is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal technical communication skills.
- Ability to travel up to 30% with occasional international travel.
U.S. Citizenship or U.S. Permanent Resident status required.
Rigaku offers a rewarding work environment and excellent benefits. All applicants are kept in strict confidence. Benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, Life insurance, section 125 flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan and more. Rigaku is an EEO/AA Employer Disabled/Veteran. Applicants must be able to prove they can legally work in the US.