DIVISION: Rigaku Americas Holding
POSITION: Senior Purchasing Manager
REPORTS TO: Chief Financial Officer
Job Summary: The position of Senior Purchasing Manager is responsible for leading procurement efforts to efficiently and effectively enable business units and functional leaders to maximize the value they receive from suppliers. They will manage the sourcing, procurement, and management of suppliers and vendors for the entire organization.
Rigaku Americas Holding - The Woodlands, TX
- Develop and manage a harmonized buying strategy across all business units that are inventive and cost effective.
- Perform metrics reporting and data analysis tasks to identify issues and opportunities for process improvements.
- Building and maintaining long-term relationships with vendors and suppliers.
- reviewing existing contracts to ensure on-going feasibility.
- Conducting cost analyses and setting benchmarks for improvement.
- Developing risk management procedures to mitigate losses in the event of product shortages.
- Overseeing and managing the systems that track shipments, inventory, and supply of goods.
- Communicating with management regularly regarding the efficient flow of goods and services affecting production.
- Supervising a purchasing team and delegating tasks when necessary.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong communication/relationship skills
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Strong management and leadership skills
- Negotiation and influencing skills
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in supply chain management, logistics or business administration
- Minimum 5 years proven experience managing supply chain operations.
- Experience using supply chain management software and tools, Syteline a plus
- In-depth knowledge of preparing and reviewing contracts, invoicing, and negotiation terms.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at times.
Must be able to meet minimum qualifications to apply.
Rigaku offers a rewarding work environment and excellent benefits. All applicants are kept in strict confidence. Benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, Life insurance, section 125 flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan and more. Rigaku is an EEO/AA Employer Disabled/Veteran. Applicants must be able to prove they can legally work in the US.