- A compact SAXS system that delivers high-quality data for a broad range of samples
- Fully automated system for measuring and data analysis for many sample
- High angular resolution with option for WAXS data collection
- Photodiode beamstop for intensity measurements and sample absorption correction
- Sample temperature control included with system
- SAXSLab data collection and processing software
Small angle X-ray scattering (SAXS) Kratky camera system
Small angle scattering of macromolecules
Rigaku's BioSAXS-2000nano SAXS camera is designed specifically to meet the needs of the structural biologist. Based on a patented two-dimensional Kratky design, the BioSAXS-2000nano takes up much less space than a conventional 3-pinhole camera but offers better flux characteristics. Best of all, the BioSAXS-2000nano can be mounted on the open port of a Rigaku rotating anode X-ray generator, taking full advantage of existing infrastructure, or it can be mated to a Rigaku microfocus sealed tube X-ray source. The BioSAXS AUTO configuration incorporates two time-saving features: an Automatic Sample Changer for unattended overnight operation and an Automatic Analysis Pipeline based on the world standard ATSAS package from EMBL Hamburg.
No need to wait for beamtime at a synchrotron
The BioSAXS-2000nano is equipped with the new OptiSAXS optic, a doubly focusing multilayer optic whose focus is at the detector. The OptiSAXS provides better than twofold improvement in flux compared to its predecessor resulting in higher brilliance at the sample position and data collection times in the range of minutes. Thus, the BioSAXS-2000nano brings a beamline experience to home laboratory SAXS experiments.
- Automatic Sample Changer (ASC) with support for up to 96 samples.
- Automatic Analysis Pipeline (AAP) based on ATSAS, the world’s most popular SAXS analysis software developed at EMBL Hamburg.
|Technique||Biological small angle scattering|
|Benefit||Home-lab SAXS camera|
|Technology||2-dimensional Kratky SAXS|
|Core attributes||Compact design, OptiSAXS optics, 2-D Kratky collimation|
Automatic Sample Changer
|Computer||External PC, MS Windows® OS,|
|Core dimensions||Varies with configuration|
|Mass||Varies with configuration|
|Power requirements||Varies with configuration|
Options and AccessoriesThe following accessories are available for this product
The ASC provides unattended sample mounting and data collection for those labs who want to take advantage of the higher throughput capabilities offered by the BioSAXS-2000nano. The ASC supports samples supplied in 96-well plates or 0.2 mL PCR tube arrays and seamlessly integrates with the hardware and SAXSLab software control package. Solution samples can be foil-sealed to ensure that your samples won’t evaporate prior to data collection. The ASC also includes support for temperature controlled sample storage and for multiple cleaning solutions and cleaning protocols. New features include a data collection wizard for quick and easy setup for 96 samples, configurable custom washes and dual syringe speeds for reduced dead-time between samples, and an option to incorporate turbo pumps which pump three times faster than the standard pumps. In all, the feature set of the ASC offers the benefit of quick preparation for automated experiments and optimized parameters to increase sample throughput.
The AAP uses automated programs in the ATSAS 2.7 version to provide the following automatic analyses for each sample:
- Automatic sample evaluation and aggregation identification
- Automatic data averaging and analysis
- Automatic Guinier plot generation and calculation of Rg and I(0)
- Automatic Kratky plot generation
- Automatic Porod volume and molecular weight (MW) calculation
- Automatic P(r) calculation with report of real space Rg and Dmax
- Automatic estimation of qmax from useful Shannon channels
- Automatic MW calculation by the Volume of Correlation, Vc
- Automatic envelope calculation, averaging and analysis
- Automatic shape classification
- PDF report generator and easy review of previous AAP runs
The AAP thus allows for quick evaluation of sample quality, with color-coded results so that you can easily identify well-behaving samples versus those that exhibit aggregation and concentration effects.
Learn more about our products at these events
|Booth number||Date||Location||Event website|
|TOPIQ | The New ACTOR 2 Sample Changer for Automating Your Single Crystal Workflow||Webinar||Register Now|