What are our students saying about our XRD training sessions?
"Everyone is very helpful and goes out of their way to help"
"The training courses made everything very clear"
"Got me excited about incorporating XRD into my research"
"Instructors are very flexible in adjusting presentations to our interests"
"I'm excited to get home and try new things"
"They are very interested in making the instrument meet my needs"
- Reference materials will be handed out ("Where do I find...")
- X-ray safety
- MiniFlex hardware component identification
- Changing X-ray tubes and aligning
- Proper tube selection and impact on the diffraction plot
- System maintenance
- Perform system checks
- Keep system logs
- Routine maintenance items
- Sample preparation
- Sources of error
- Various methods for "unusual" sample types-expanding your horizons through sample prep!
- Data collection (strategies and techniques)
- Proper selection of collection parameters
- Fast vs. slow scans
- Improving your statistics
- Opening raw data files
- Overlaying multiple patterns and manipulating multiple files for trend information
- Adding or subtracting overlays,
- Merging segments, etc
- Accessing data; storing and printing processed data
- Processing: Background/Kα2 subtraction; Smoothing
- Search/Match: Identifying phases, tools and techniques to aid your search
- Building your own database of commonly used materials
- Profile Fitting techniques/ crystallite size/ % crystallinity (if appropriate)
- Preview of Quantitation modules Either/ or:
- Easy Quant using RIR relative intensity ratio method Easy quant using calibration curves
- Whole Pattern Fitting/ Rietveld analysis—quantitation
- Overview of Rietveld Basic Operations
- Loading phases (atomic structure phases or structure-less phases ):
- Global parameters for refinement
- Phase parameters for refinement
- Refinement controls: global and phase
- Displays and results, including report output formats for various publications
- Practical Examples:
- Example patterns with specific features are presented to emphasize basic concepts
- Specific Topics also covered
- Background Model Parameters-polynomial versus user defined backgrounds
- Interpretations of statistical and graphical displays of refinements
- Refinement operation using structure-less phases
- Automatic atomic coordinates linking (cif, csf)
- Internal standard calibrations for 2θ reference
- Easy instrument properties modification- sample displacement shift theta compensating slits, thin film absorption, cylindrical specimen, etc.
- Solid solution substitutions and site occupancy refinements
- Rotating 3-D structure viewing and stereo projections
- Interactive links to Search/Match for residual unmatched area
- Constraints on Variables
- Multiple data regions can be excluded (i.e. Sample holder or substrate reflections)
- Preferred orientations corrections
- Individual FWHM profile shape fitting for turbostatic effects.
- Lattice/crystal structure parameters
- Selective use of phases in refinement (phases included or excluded from refinements)
Online customer site training:
- Convenience of remaining at your own site for training
- Custom designed to accommodate your instrument
- Custom designed to cater to your staff
- From two to five days of individual attention from expert trainers
Please contact your Regional Account Manager for pricing.