- Faster, accurate data collection due to high-speed kappa goniometer, high-flux rotating anode X-ray source, fast, low-noise X-ray detector, and highly optimized instrument control software.
- Enhanced experimental versatility with two switchable wavelengths (the following combinations are available: Mo/Cu, Cu/Cr, Cu/Co, Cu/Ag, and Ag/Mo; only Mo and Cu optics are available with VHF style optics).
- Improve your ability to investigate small samples due to the increased flux from the rotating anode X-ray source as well as the extreme low noise of the HyPix X-ray detectors. Noise-free images mean you can count longer for weakly diffracting crystals without a loss in data quality arising from detector noise.
- Highest level of user safety with multiply redundant electromechanical safety circuits built into the ergonomically designed radiation enclosure.
- Minimize your downtime by utilizing built-in online diagnostics and troubleshooting to diagnose and fix almost all problems without a site visit. Even though two wavelengths are available, only one X-ray source is used.
- Automatically solve structures and determine what your sample is in a few seconds before committing to a full dataset by using the “What is this?” feature.
- Increased data collection speed due to the increased flux of the X-ray source.
- Enhance your ability to resolve large unit cells, twins or incommensurate lattices when you select the optional motorized variable beam slit in order to alter divergence to adapt the source to your sample’s requirements.
Dual wavelength rotating anode X-ray diffractometer with HPC X-ray detector
The ultimate single crystal X-ray diffractometer for a wide range of crystallographic applications
The introduction in 2004 of the Oxford Diffraction Gemini diffractometer, with two independent X-ray sources, was a watershed moment in crystallographic instrumentation. The groundbreaking design of the Gemini suddenly gave crystallographers the ability to easily switch between Cu and Mo wavelengths and greatly expanded the experimental flexibility available for analyzing single crystal samples. The XtaLAB Synergy-DW is an extension of that revolutionary idea which retains the flexibility of the dual wavelength capability but in addition adds the exceptional flux enhancement of a reliable, rotating anode X-ray source.
The XtaLAB Synergy-DW diffractometer contains a PhotonJet-R X-ray source that is based on the proven, low-maintenance MicroMax-007 HF microfocus rotating anode X-ray generator. The target is constructed with two different X-ray source materials (the following combinations are available: Mo/Cu, Cu/Cr, Cu/Co, Cu/Ag, and Ag/Mo; only Mo and Cu optics are available with VHF style optics) and is coupled with an auto-switching dual-wavelength optic. Two wavelengths of X-ray radiation are available at the click of a button and switching between wavelengths takes only 5 minutes. Rounding out the XtaLAB Synergy-DW configuration is the fast and efficient four-circle kappa goniometer which is coupled with Rigaku’s Hybrid Photon Counting (HPC) X-ray detector, the HyPix-6000HE (or optionally the HyPix-Arc 150°) which has essentially no readout noise, no dark noise and high dynamic range. All of this controlled by the CrysAlisPro diffraction software package with sophisticated algorithms to tie the hardware together to minimize the time it takes to measure and solve single crystal X-ray structures.
The PhotonJet-R source was designed with reliability in mind. Clever Rigaku engineering makes filament changes easy, like swapping a printer cartridge, with no need to realign the source each time. Scheduled maintenance involves one annual visit from a Rigaku engineer, as with all XtaLAB Synergy diffractometers, and typically takes 1-2 days. With the anode exchange program, you get the benefit of rotating anode power with the convenience of sealed tubes.
Where overlapping peaks are a concern, e.g. large unit cells, proteins, twinned or incommensurate, high beam divergence is undesirable. On PhotonJet sources, a software controlled, motorized variable beam slit is available as an option to alter divergence to adapt the source to your sample’s requirements. For those samples where intensity matters most, the slit can be fully opened giving the highest flux. For those where peak sharpness and overlap are factors, the beam can be limited to a divergence anywhere between 1 to 10 mrad.
The XtaLAB Synergy-DW comes complete with CrysAlisPro, our user-inspired data collection and data processing software for single crystal analysis. Designed around an easy-to-use graphical user interface, CrysAlisPro can be operated under fully automatic, semi-automatic or manual control. CrysAlisPro combines automated crystal screening, the fastest and most accurate strategy software available, concurrent data reduction and automatic small molecule structure solution. Visual feedback is provided for each step with clear, color-coded guidance so that both novices and experts can collect high-quality data in the shortest time possible.
AutoChem is the ultimate productivity tool for small molecule chemists, offering fast, fully automatic structure solution and refinement during data collection. Developed in collaboration with OlexSys Ltd (Durham University, UK), AutoChem works in conjunction with Olex² where more advanced structure solution and refinement functionality exists. AutoChem is seamlessly integrated within CrysAlisPro, and forms an integral part of our ‘What is this?’ feature. The ‘What is this?’ feature gives you structures quickly and ensures you are not wasting time collecting full datasets on known samples or starting materials. It is an alternative pre-experiment option, which is used to plan your full data collections.
|Product name||XtaLAB Synergy-DW|
|Core attributes||Dual wavelength rotating anode X-ray source diffractometer with hybrid pixel array detector and kappa goniometer|
|Detectors||HyPix-6000HE or optionally the large theta coverage HyPix-Arc 150°|
|X-ray source||PhotonJet-R X-ray source with a target that is constructed with two different X-ray source materials (the following combinations are available: Mo/Cu, Cu/Cr, Cu/Co, Cu/Ag, and Ag/Mo; only Mo and Cu optics are available with VHF style optics) and is coupled with an auto-switching dual-wavelength optic.|
|Goniometer||Fast kappa geometry goniometer that allows data collection scan speeds of up to 10°/sec.|
|Accessories||Oxford Cryostream 800, Oxford Cobra, XtalCheck-S, High Pressure Kit, and Element Analyzer.|
|Computer||External PC, MS Windows® OS|
|Core dimensions||1300 (W) x 1875 (H) x 850 (D) (mm)|
|Mass||600 kg (core unit)|
|Power requirements||1Ø, 200-230 V, 20 A|