- Fast, accurate data collection due to high-speed kappa goniometer, high flux X-ray source, fast, low-noise X-ray detector, and highly optimized instrument control software.
- Enhance your ability to resolve large unit cells, twins or incommensurate lattices when you select the optional motorised variable beam slit in order to alter divergence to adapt the source to your sample’s requirements.
- Improve your ability to investigate small samples because the solid state pixel array technology of the HyPix X-ray detectors means that X-ray photons are counted instantaneously as they arrive at the detector. There is no conversion to visible light by a scintillator so the energy of the photon can be assessed at moment of detection leading to essentially noise free images. And noise fee images mean you can count longer for weakly diffracting crystals without a loss in data quality arising from detector noise.
- Highest level of user safety with multiply redundant electromechanical safety circuits built into the ergonomically designed radiation enclosure.
- Minimize your downtime by utilizing built-in online diagnostics and troubleshooting to diagnose and fix almost all problems without a site visit.
- Optimize data collection speed when you select the optional HyPix-Arc 150°curved detector which allows theta coverage exceeding the largest detectors while still offering the highest performing detection technology.
- Enhanced experimental versatility when the dual source option is selected from three possible wavelengths (Mo, Cu, or Ag).
Microfocus Sealed Tube X-Ray Diffractometer For Screening Of Protein Crystals
A low-maintenance single crystal X-ray diffractometer for quick and effective protein crystal evaluation
For the structural biologist who wishes to screen protein crystals before shipping them to the synchrotron, the XtaLAB Synergy-S diffractometer is the perfect crystallography system if low maintenance is your primary concern. The system is based around the PhotonJet-S series of microfocus X-ray sources that optionally incorporate continuously variable divergence slits. These third generation sources have been designed to maximize X-ray photons at the sample by using a combination of new optics, new, longer life tubes and an improved alignment system. PhotonJet-S sources are incorporated in either a single or dual source configuration in the XtaLAB Synergy-S. A kappa goniometer is standard in the XtaLAB Synergy-S single crystal X-ray diffractometer incorporating fast motor speeds and a unique telescopic two-theta arm to provide total flexibility for your diffraction experiment. The system is also equipped with your choice of HPC digital X-ray photon counting detectors, including the HyPix-Arc 150°, HyPix-6000HE or EIGER 4M.
In some settings, there is a desire to share instrument resources across different research groups. The XtaLAB Synergy-S in a dual-source configuration is the perfect system to be shared between protein crystallographers and chemical crystallographers: a Mo source will give the chemical crystallographers the wavelength necessary to reduce absorption from heavier elements and a Cu source, with optional continuously variable divergence slits, will give the protein crystallographer the functionality necessary to resolve large unit cells.
The XtaLAB Synergy-S is defined by its new PhotonJet-S X-ray source. With a new microfocus sealed tube designed for Rigaku and engineered specifically for long lifetime single crystal research, the PhotonJet-S incorporates a new mirror design from Rigaku Innovative Technologies and new alignment hardware. The PhotonJet-S sources provide almost double the flux for all three target types (Mo, Cu, Ag) compared to the previous generation. For the best data quality, it is important to ensure any source provides highly reproducible flux frame after frame. As tube temperature changes, so does the X-ray flux reaching your sample. Controlling the temperature of our sources using closed-circuit water cooling offers the best solution for both consistent and high performance and reliability in a completely standalone package.
Where overlapping peaks are a concern, e.g. large unit cells, proteins, twinned or incommensurate, high beam divergence is undesirable. On PhotonJet sources, a software controlled, motorized variable beam slit is available as an option to alter divergence to adapt the source to your sample’s requirements. For those samples where intensity matters most, the slit can be fully opened giving the highest flux. For those where peak sharpness and overlap are factors, the beam can be limited to a divergence anywhere between 1 to 10 mrad.
The XtaLAB Synergy-S comes complete with CrysAlisPro, our user-inspired data collection and data processing software for single crystal analysis. Designed around an easy-to-use graphical user interface, CrysAlisPro can be operated under fully automatic, semi-automatic or manual control. Of particular interest to protein crystallographers is the ability to operate CrysAlisPro either in a protein or small molecule dedicated workflow. Popular third-party protein data processing packages can easily process diffraction data if desired. CrysAlisPro combines automated crystal screening, the fastest and most accurate strategy software available, concurrent data reduction and automatic small molecule structure solution. Visual feedback is provided for each step with clear, color-coded guidance so that both novices and experts can collect high-quality data in the shortest time possible.
If a XtaLAB Synergy-S diffractometer is to be shared with small molecule crystallographers, AutoChem is included as the ultimate productivity tool for small molecule chemists, offering fast, fully automatic structure solution and refinement during data collection. Developed in collaboration with OlexSys Ltd (Durham University, UK), AutoChem works in conjunction with Olex² where more advanced structure solution and refinement functionality exists. AutoChem is seamlessly integrated within CrysAlisPro, and forms an integral part of our ‘What is this?’ feature. The ‘What is this?’ feature gives you structures quickly and ensures you are not wasting time collecting full datasets on known samples or starting materials. It is an alternative pre-experiment option, which is used to plan your full data collections.
|Single- or dual-microfocus sealed tube X-ray source diffractometer with hybrid pixel array detector and kappa goniometer
|HyPix-6000HE or optionally the large theta coverage HyPix-Arc 150°
|PhotonJet-S X-ray source with new microfocus sealed tube which incorporates a new mirror design and new alignment hardware. Three target types are available (Mo, Cu, Ag).
|Fast kappa geometry goniometer that allows data collection scan speeds of up to 10°/sec.
|Oxford Cryostream 800, Oxford Cobra, XtalCheck-S
|External PC, MS Windows® OS
|1300 (W) x 1875 (H) x 850 (D) mm
|550 kg (core unit)
|1Ø, 90-130V 15A or 180-260V 4A