- Improve your ability to investigate weakly diffracting samples because the solid-state pixel array technology of the HyPix X-ray detectors means that X-ray photons are counted instantaneously as they arrive at the detector. There is no conversion to visible light by a scintillator so the energy of the photon can be assessed at the moment of detection leading to essentially noise-free images. And noise-free images mean you can count longer for weakly diffracting crystals without a loss in data quality arising from detector noise.
- Automatically solve structures and determine what your sample is in a few seconds before committing to a full dataset by using the “What is this?” feature.
- Minimize your downtime by utilizing built-in online diagnostics and troubleshooting to diagnose and fix almost all problems without a site visit.
- Highest level of user safety with multiply redundant electromechanical safety circuits built into the ergonomically designed radiation enclosure.
- Enhanced experimental versatility when the dual source option is selected.
A Modern Full-Sized Diffractometer for Chemical Crystallography
A single crystal X-ray diffractometer built on the latest technologies for structural analysis of small molecule samples
Today’s quintessential single crystal X-ray diffractometer includes a high-flux, low-maintenance microfocus sealed tube X-ray source, a high-precision 4-circle kappa goniometer and a modern X-ray detector. The XtaLAB Synergy-i is built on components that represent the latest technologies and can be upgraded from a single source to a dual source instrument in the future. The system can be equipped with Cu and/or Mo sources allowing for a broad range of sample types to be evaluated. The XtaLAB Synergy-i is controlled by the fully integrated, user-inspired CrysAlisPro software package that is capable of collecting and processing data efficiently and accurately, so you achieve the best data possible. The XtaLAB Synergy-i is a full-featured single crystal X-ray diffractometer that requires little servicing to maximize uptime and throughput. It is an ideal diffractometer for chemical crystallography research laboratories.
An extremely low-noise detector
The XtaLAB Synergy-i is configured with a HyPix-Bantam solid-state pixel array X-ray detector to enable direct X-ray photon detection and counting. Direct X-ray photon detection means that X-ray photons are counted instantaneously as they arrive at the detector. There is no conversion to visible light by a scintillator, so the energy of the photon can be assessed at the moment of detection. This leads to essentially noise-free images.
Microfocus sealed tube X-ray source with multilayer optics
The standard configuration of the XtaLAB Synergy-i includes a modern microfocus source, the PhotonJet-i. This source is available in dual- or single-source configurations (Cu/Mo), has low power consumption and yet provides high flux in order to study a variety of sample types. For the best data quality, it is important to ensure any source provides highly reproducible flux frame after frame. As tube temperature changes, so does the X-ray flux reaching your sample. Controlling the temperature of our sources using closed-circuit water cooling offers the best solution for consistent high performance.
The XtaLAB Synergy-i comes complete with CrysAlisPro, our user-inspired data collection and data processing software for single crystal analysis. Designed around an easy-to-use graphical user interface, CrysAlisPro can be operated under fully automatic, semi-automatic or manual control. CrysAlisPro combines automated crystal screening, the fastest and most accurate strategy software available, concurrent data reduction and automatic small molecule structure solution. Visual feedback is provided for each step with clear, color-coded guidance so that both novices and experts can collect high-quality data in the shortest time possible.
AutoChem is the ultimate productivity tool for small molecule chemists, offering fast, fully automatic structure solution and refinement during data collection. Developed in collaboration with OlexSys Ltd (Durham University, UK), AutoChem works in conjunction with Olex² where more advanced structure solution and refinement functionality exists. AutoChem is seamlessly integrated within CrysAlisPro, and forms an integral part of our ‘What is this?’ feature. The ‘What is this?’ feature gives you structures quickly and ensures you are not wasting time collecting full datasets on known samples or starting materials. It is an alternative pre-experiment option, which is used to plan your full data collections.
|Single- or dual-microfocus sealed tube X-ray source diffractometer with hybrid pixel array detector and kappa goniometer
|HyPix-Bantam hybrid pixel array detector
|PhotonJet-i X-ray source with microfocus sealed tube and graded multi-layer mirror. Two target types are available (Mo or Cu).
|Internal monitor in cabinet, Oxford Cryostream 800, Oxford Cobra, XtalCheck-S, High Pressure Kit
|External PC, MS Windows® OS, CrysAlisPro Software
|1300 (W) x 1875 (H) x 850 (D) (mm)
|550 kg (core unit)
|1Ø, 90-130 V, 10 A or 180-260 V, 4 A