- Fully automated optical alignment under computer control.
- Optional in-plane diffraction arm for in-plane measurements without reconfiguration.
- Focusing and parallel beam geometries without reconfiguration with CBO optics.
- Small angle X-ray scattering (SAXS) capabilities.
- D/teX Ultra 250 1D detector accelerates powder diffraction by a factor of 250 in speed and provides adjustable energy resolution of approximately 20% or 4% depending on sample type.
- SmartLab Studio-II is Rigaku’s full-function powder diffraction analysis package. Its modular design and automated flow bar user interface has revolutionized access to the power of XRD for the non-expert user.
- Various automated non-ambient stages are available. A low and medium elevated temperature (-180°C to 350°C) stage may be operated in air, gas, vacuum, or under liquid nitrogen cooling conditions.
Automated multipurpose X-ray diffractometer (XRD)
Powder diffraction, thin film diffraction, SAXS, pole figure, residual stress and in-plane experiments
The Ultima IV represents the state-of-the-art in multipurpose X-ray diffraction (XRD) systems. Incorporating Rigaku's patented cross beam optics (CBO) technology for permanently mounted, permanently aligned and user-selectable parallel and focusing geometries, the Ultima IV X-ray diffractometer can perform many different measurements...fast.
Engineered for Performance
With a multipurpose diffractometer, performance is measured by not only how fast you perform an experiment but also how fast you can switch between different types of experiments. Individual experiments are optimized with accessories like the D/teX Ultra high-speed position sensitive detector system, but the speed between experiments is radically improved with the combination of the automated alignment and CBO.
Designed for Flexibility
The Ultima IV is the only XRD system on the market today that incorporates fully automatic alignment. When coupled with CBO and the in-plane arm, the automatic alignment capability makes the Ultima IV X-ray diffractometer the most flexible system available for multipurpose applications.
In the Ultima IV XRD system, CBO technology eliminates time spent switching geometries, enables everyday users to run both sets of experiments without the need to reconfigure the system, and reduces wear and possible optic damage associated with the recurrent switching process. CBO and automatic alignment combine for the ultimate in functionality for: micro-crystalline diffraction, thin-film diffraction, small angle scattering, and in-plane scattering.
|Product name||Ultima IV|
|Benefit||Powder diffraction, thin film diffraction, SAXS, pole figure, in-plane and non-ambient experiments|
|Technology||Multipurpose θ-θ X-ray diffractometer|
|Core attributes||3 kW sealed X-ray tube, D/teX Ultra silicon strip detector, independent θ-θ geometry|
|Core options||Many attachments, 10-position sample changer and other sample holders|
|Computer||External PC, MS Windows® OS, SmartLab Studio-II software|
|Core dimensions||1100 (W) x 1600 (H) x 80 (D) mm|
|Mass||Approx. 700 kg (core unit)|
|Power requirements||3Ø, 200 VAC 50/60 Hz 30 A or 1Ø, 220-230 VAC 50/60 Hz 40 A,|