Rigaku Innovative Technologies Inc - Auburn Hills, MI
4 Year Degree
Rigaku Innovative Technologies (RIT), a subsidiary of Rigaku Corporation, a global supplier of innovative analytical instruments for cutting-edge applications in biotechnology, is currently looking for an experienced Precision Optics Engineer. The Precision Optics Engineer will be responsible for optical polishing of X-ray mirror components using optical CNC machinery. Assist in the development of new processes aimed at the advancement of X-ray mirror technology. Performing various surface metrology characterizations on polished parts. Assist senior staff in conducting research and development.
- Data reduction and analysis of surface geometry and characterization
- Performing surface metrology characterization using profilometers and interferometers
- Operating CNC optical polishing and grinding machines
- Running analytical software for data processing
- Optical assembly for manufacturing
- Maintenance and calibration of all optical machining and metrology equipment
- Assisting senior technical staff in development of new techniques and processes for advancement of X-ray mirror technology
- Bachelor’s degree in physics or optical engineering
- 2+ years’ experience in optical CNC machining is required
- Strong analytical geometry skills
- Strong computer skills. Basic programming concepts a plus
- Good dexterity for handling fragile parts
- Basic knowledge of surface metrology techniques a plus
- Strong attention to detail and quality
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to learn new equipment and processes quickly
Must be able to meet minimum qualifications to apply.
Rigaku offers a rewarding work environment and excellent benefits. All applicants are kept in strict confidence. Benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, Life insurance, section 125 flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan and more. Rigaku is an EEO/AA Employer Disabled/Veteran. Applicants must be able to prove they can legally work in the US.